Saturday, June 6, 2009

World Summit In Las Vegas

Hello again. If you haven't heard by now your about to. I had a good tourney. I played John Morra yesterday and damn it was close. 13-12 my favor. This was one of the first times that he and I had a conversation away from the table. He seems to be a pretty good fella. Definately a credit to our sport. Back to the match. I trailed the whole time 3-0, 6-3, tied it up at 9-9, went ahead 10-9 and then 12-10. He then came back to hill hill with me breaking and whatta ya know Stevie got a break n run on the hill to win. Then I played Roberto Gomez who was the runner up at the 2007 World 9 ball Championships. Funny guy. Anyway he was ahead 6-0 and all of a sudden Stevie gets 2 games 6-2. Next thing I know its 8-8. Yeah baby! We traded racks 10-10 then I get to the hill 12-10. He wins the next game with a break n run. Whatta ya know Stevie break n runs on the hill again! Heh Heh! My next match was Thorsten Hohmann. I started this match slow too. Down 7-2 Next thing I know its 10-8 him and then 12-10 him all of a sudden its 12-12 me breaking. You know what I was thinking. Another break n run. Well I had my chance. I made a ball on the break got a shot on the one. I had two options for position. One with left follow or the other with bottom left and now that I look back I made the wrong choice. I ended with a shot but very tough. I made the shot but come up short . I made a good kick but ended up giving up the shot. One eighth of an inch one way or the other I would have made the ball or got a safe. It hit the point on the side pocket where it had a chance to go in or go up table behind the 7 and the 5. Whatta ya know he ran out. Still was a great match. He is a pleasure to play. One of the best players and people that I know. Until next time. Jax Fla at the Seminole Tourney Bank Shot Billiards. Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment